Thursday 14 November 2019

Film festival reflection

  Over the last 2 terms, all the schools on the West Coast made a short film and some from each school were chosen to be played at the regent for all the schools to watch.
This was the first year the film festival was held on the west coast. It was cool watching all the other schools. But I do have some feedback for most of the movies, they need to check the sound because it was difficult to hear/understand what the films were about.
The film Caitlin, Pippa and I made was chosen from our school to be played there. It was really embarrassing because everyone knew it was us, although we were proud of the creation we had made, we still buried our face in our jerseys as the others watched. In the end, we were told that our movie was the best because it had the best camera angles and slo-mo edits in it. I am super pleased about the fact that ours was the best because I put a lot of effort into editing and planning the whole thing.
Overall the film festival was super cool, and challenging (but in a good way). All though I’m not gonna be apart of it next year I think that toki pounamu should definitely do it again.  

2 comments:

  1. Heya! I was (ironically) out of town filming and wasn't able to make the festival. Where can I see your film?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    My name is Matilda and I am a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey this year! I’ve noticed that you haven’t done any of the activities yet. Our finish date is the 24th of January but there is still time to give it a go and start gaining some points!

    It sounds like you had a really good time at the film festival! What was your favourite film about? It's so cool that people thought your film was the best! That's awesome! What was it about?

    The Summer Learning Journey has heaps of activities to choose from! Here is the link. Have a look through and find some activities you like the looks of. I’m looking forward to seeing which ones you choose! (For a lot of these activities you could make a film and post it to your blog! That would be so cool to see!)

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities

    Remember if you have any questions all you have to do is ask!

    Can’t wait to hear from you!

    Matilda :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Please introduce yourself!
2. Tell me a joke, something funny to engage me!
3. Dont be an egg!
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback on your blog!

Thanks
Sammi