Friday 23 September 2016

ARTHUR'S PASS CAMP!!!

Arthur's pass camp!

YAHOO! School camp! This year we went to Arthur’s pass. Everyone was excitedly chatting  in the classroom waiting to go on the bus. When we finally got on the bus I sat next to Pippa right at the front. Once we got there we met Logan our guide. We settled in and got told what bunk rooms we were in. I was in a room with Sahara, Indy, Rhea, Bridget, Dayna and Karolyn.

Our first activity was orientering which is when you get a map and some clues to help you find the answers for a quiz, and in this case they were little white posts with metal plates on them. My group was with Matthew, Boyd, Declyn, Brock, Julie, Caitlin and Indy (Group 2). We raced out the door as soon as Logan said go. First we had to go and find number 9 which was up by the old school. We found all the others around Arthur’s pass in a jiffy. Group 2 was the first group back to the lodge. Orientering was really fun.

After that we had a little break we went to the devil's punchbowl. Logan showed us some orange algae on the rocks. He said that was what the oompa loompas used as their face paint most of us then put it on our face, but mine showed the best and people said I looked like a traffic light. The walk to devil's punchbowl was a long walk with lots of stairs in it but finally we reached the top. And it was worth it! The roar of the waterfall was so loud it sounded like an earthquake. On the way back Logan taught  us a game called the running screamer and it was so awesome. We had to run down a trail sprinting screaming at the top of our lungs, trying to go as far as we can without taking a breathe, Pippa was first running into the distance with a high pitched scream that could crack windows, then it was my go. I ran as far as I could,I just got past Pippa . I got quite far but Boyd Matthews dad got the farthest.  

Once we got back into the lodge my group started cooking tea. We had nachos and chocolate pudding and the were yummy. After tea we played soccer… In the DARK. I got kicked in the shins a few times and probably kicked a few people as well. But then before we knew it it was time for bed but we did get 50 minutes to hang in our bunk rooms. Sahara told an epic scary story involving drip drop and a creepy puppet. Then finally it was lights out!

The next day when we all woke up most of the kids, including me, played spotlight. It was 5.30 am so it was still dark. Finally it was time for breakfast but as we walked out there was a crowd around the window. Then I realised why they were there. IT WAS SNOWING! I had never seen snow before. It looked like everything was painted white overnight. It looked so amazing and after breakfast we got to play in it. At first we had a snowball fight but then it turned into a war between girls vs boys (the girls were much better though). After the fight we had a snowman competition. I was with Brock, Declyn, Matthew, Indy and some of the Parents. We made a snowman and the judges said it looked like a penguin. But we still won.

Later that day it was time for dinner and then the camp concert. For the camp concert I was doing a ridiculous dance with Pippa and Caitlin to the song “Can’t stop the felling” Me and Mia was doing the same song just a different dance. After all the acts the were finished the judges ( Nat- Caitlin's Mum and Dayna- Rhea’s Mum) announced the winners “ In 3rd place” announced Nat “ are Rhea and Indy doing their play!” “And in 2nd place doing a dance” Said Dayna “ Is Mia” “And in 1st place is Sammi, Pippa and Caitlin” Said Nat. We were all shocked that we won we were only expecting even 3rd place, definitely not 1st.

School camp was awesome and I hope that it's that fun next year!

2 comments:

  1. Heyy Sam,
    I love your story its very detailed and it includes just the right amount of humor so you keep the readers attention.
    What was your favourite part of this camp?
    I know my favourite part of that camp was the orientering.
    hope you have fun on your next camp!
    make sure to come and check out my blog: http://paroagreygeorgiam.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the descriptive language you have used in this story Sam - it is fantastic! I get a real sense of your excitement from the opening paragraph and the upbeat tone of your story! Glad I didn't hear Sahara's epic scary story!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Please introduce yourself!
2. Tell me a joke, something funny to engage me!
3. Dont be an egg!
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback on your blog!

Thanks
Sammi